Staff handbooks are a great way of providing information to employees on all employment matters, including how the company operates and the standards and procedures in place. As a business owner, you need to be clear on what your ‘company rules’ and expectations are in order to manage your employees effectively from the very beginning. Having a staff handbook will mean your staff have a point of reference where they can see the rules that apply to them and managers can use this to support them when dealing with issues. It also helps new employees to settle into their new roles quickly because you have all your HR policies in one place.
Furthermore, it’s important to us when we write your staff handbook, the tone, style and content of your handbook is a reflection of your business. This will help your employees to understand what it’s really like to work in your company.
We can either:
- review and update the employee handbook you have in place or;
- provide you with a new employee handbook tailored to your needs.
Typical policies which can be included are:
- Disciplinary Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Email, Internet & Social Media
- Sickness Absence
- Capability and managing performance
- Anti-Bribery Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Home Working Policy
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Policy
- Data Protection Policy (in line with GDPR)
- Maternity Policy
- Paternity Leave Policy
- Adoption Leave Policy
- Shared Parental Leave Policy
- Time Off for Dependants Policy
- Flexible Working Policy
No matter what your handbook requirements are, we’ll work with you to understand them and prepare you a bespoke staff handbook.